Wednesday 20 July 2011

Malfuntion The Sequel !

Well we have now left Rome behind and drove 6 hours to Venice, the traffic wasn't great, we had the usual mad Italian drivers ....and then the sat nav decided to pack in ....great ! All that was left, was my fantastic map reading skills to kick in, .... well not quite,  I couldn't find any of the place names anywhere on the map !,  to tell you the truth I may as well have had a napkin than the map ! Rejuvinated Adyano ( who remained calm ) sniffed out the hotel with his path finder skills again ! ( He must have been rejuvinated by his strop in Rome ! - or didn't want to be named and shamed on the blog again !!! )

We are again staying just outside Venice, and there is a train station opposite the hotel that is a quick and easy way to get into the centre in about 15 - 20 minutes.

As soon as we arrived we couldn't wait to get to Venice, so hopped onto the first train. I don't know what I expected as I stepped out of the station, but I wasn't prepared for the hustle and bustle of the waterways right in front of my eyes.  I have not seen a place quite like this, it is certainly unique and has a romantic charm about it.





I have immediately fallen in love with the place. We navigated ourselves to St Marks square, as I couldn't wait to see it.  The atmosphere was wonderful, the classical music, the wonderful architecture it just gives you a warm tingly feeling ... and also a great place to people watch !

A number of you have been asking me about " Adyano " and his eating habits ! Well I am sorry to disappoint you all, but he is on a diet and has been eating only healthy food, and just to prove it here is a picture !


well did only have two scoops instead of 4 , so in " Adyano's " world, that is well and truely a diet !!! ... I do have to say the Italian ice cream is amazing !

As you can see from the photographs we now have the camera on the right setting .. our novice tourist skills are going pro !!! More on Venice later, Ciao Ciao for now.

PS Couldnt help but notice the fabulous shops !!!

1 comment:

  1. fab pics gill. Glad you love Venice, 'Adriano' is taking his diet seriously- I am impressed! xx

    ReplyDelete