Thursday 21 July 2011

Where there's blame there's a claim !!!

Well nothing seems to go to plan as far as we are concerned ! But I suppose that's half the fun !!! ....Although " Adyano " does keep muttering " jinx " under his breath ( I am still smiling ... honest ). We have hit a "slight" snag on our Venice trip. It seems that of all the days in the year, the buses, trains and boats decided to strike when I am in town !!! .... Typical. So all our plans are now ruined. We therefore have tried to do our tourist bit, on speed, as there is no way we can get into Venice tomorrow. Which is a shame as we had planned to go to a show tomorrow night, and take a romantic gondola ride ....yes you heard me correct " Adyano "getting romantic !!!!!

However, don't think " Adyano" is getting out of the romance just as easy as that !!! .... No I have brought the gondola trip forward !!! .... Today there is someone well and truely conspiring against me. You would have thought, with all my church visits, my guardian angel would be in tow, but it seems they may be on strike also !!! .... Because I must be on the only gondola in the whole of Venice to crash ... in fact, probably in the last 20 years !!! ... actually I would go as far as 900 AD as the old master piece paintings that I have seen ... there is not one gondola crash on them !!

 This is the total truth, I did ask " Adyano" to snap the moment for the blog, but was a little preoccupied with a silver blade heading towards my head and diving in front of me ... who said chivalry was dead !! However, once he realised I was ok and the blade was out of danger, he shouted " Where there's blame there's a claim " and took a picture of the offending boat for our " drivers" insurance purposes !!! Thankfully we all did laugh afterwards and it seems the saying " Where there's blame there's a claim " is universally understood !! A bit of a hairy moment to say the least. We have now headed back to the hotel before the stike starts in an hour, or we will be stranded. We have been tipped off by an Australian couple that there is a good restaurant local to our hotel that does fantastic food at great prices ... I am not sure if I dare go out this evening after the day I have had !!!





The offending boat above, with 4 German Tourist on board, the driver is still waving his hands.

We will be working on our plan B for tomorrow. Ciao Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment